The First Christian Reformed Church of Owen Sound was founded in 1948 by a handful of Dutch immigrants who came to the Owen Sound area after World War II. Members took turns hosting services in their homes.
In 1951, a building was purchased on 2nd Avenue East across from A & P, but by 1962 it was too small to accommodate a growing congregation.
In 1964, property was purchased on 4th Avenue West at our current location and a new church building was erected. A dedication service was held November 6 that same year. Sixteen years later, an addition was built onto the front of the church, allowing for greater seating capacity to accommodate the increase in church membership. The spring of 1991 saw the completion of a new Fellowship Hall at the back of the church.
In 2006, we acquired the former Timothy Christian School building next door to the church. This building has been named the New Life Centre where the church office and additional meeting rooms are located.
In 2014 a major renovation was undertaken, adding a new entry, accessible washrooms and gathering space. The balcony was removed and the sanctuary modernized.